Varun Dhawan: If Badlapur works, it will enter Rs.100 crore club

Varun Dhawan will be seen in a new avatar in his upcoming revenge drama Badlapur and the actor is nervous and excited about it at the same time. This is the first time that he has shed his lover boy image and will be seen in an intense role. The Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania star hopes 2015 will establish himself as bankable star.

Varun Dhavan In Badlapur


"It will be a make or break year for me. I know we are underdogs but if Badlapur works then it will be entering to a Rs.100 crore club. I just want the audience to like the film,

" Varun told.Varun, 27, said he is not in a signing spree and does not get bothered when he is often compared with his Student of the Year co-stars Alia Bhatt and Sidharth Malhotra.

"I don't believe in rat race and try to keep away from it but somehow media keeps on comparing. I believe we all are working here for the betterment of Indian movies and taking the industry ahead," he said. The young actor, who is the son of filmmaker David Dhawan, wants to create his own identity in the industry.

Varun Dhavan In Badlapur


"People often compare me with Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and call me young Govinda. But I just want to be next me. While growing yes I have seen these actors work and somehow they have an influence on me," Varun said.

Directed by Sriram Raghavan, the film also stars Huma Qureshi, Yami Gautam, Divya Dutta, Radhika Apte Nawazuddin Siddiqui. It is slated to be released on February 20.

Dont Miss & Find Out more on - India Kishmish Bollywood Buzz

No comments:

Post a Comment